Shopping Hotline: (+234) 9060008282
Don’t know how to sell? We got you
Whether you sell a little or a lot, we have a range of tools and options to help you create and manage your listings effectively while increasing your sales.
Listing your items at the right price will help them sell. Look for similar products on Boleum Marketplace to get an idea of what other sellers are charging.
Making your listings available internationally is easy and can help you grow your business by reaching buyers worldwide. When you offer international shipping in your listings, your items are automatically available to buyers outside Nigeria.
How to sell internationally
Before you can sell internationally, you’ll need to:
- Have a Boleum Marketplace seller account of good standing
- Have earned at least 10 feedback points as a seller
- Have made your first successful sale more than 90 days ago
- Offering shipping in Nigeria, Africa, Europe, or worldwide. Specifying shipping service to these areas is highly recommended, since listings without specified shipping may be moved to the bottom of Best Match search results
- Must have chosen bank payout option
Creating a listing is the first step in getting your product in front of buyers. We have a range of tools and options to help make sure your listing ends in a sale. When listing your product, start by describing what you’re selling. You can add photos, select the brand and physical details about the product, set a price.
Finally, select which shipping options will be available to the buyer, We accept shipping range from 1-7 business days.
A perfect product description is clear enough to tell your buyer what they need to know at a scan, and yet detailed enough so that there can be no confusion around exactly what they’re buying.
Be sure to include:
- Your Product’s key selling points
- Exactly what you’re including in the sale. For example, if you’re selling used Oil and Gas equipment, list which equipment will come with
- Full sentences with correct spelling and punctuation throughout
You can sell almost anything on Boleum Marketplace, from brand new products to products that have signs of wear and tear.
It’s vital you’re honest and accurate about the condition of what you’re selling so your buyer knows exactly what they’re getting.
Your options for describing your product’s condition vary by category. Some of your options include:
- New – A brand-new, unused, and unworn product in the original packaging
- New (other) – An product with no sign of wear and tear that is missing its original packaging, or the original packaging has been opened and is no longer sealed
- Manufacturer refurbished – A tech product that has been professionally restored to working order by a manufacturer-approved vendor
- Seller refurbished – An equipment that has been restored to working order by Boleum Marketplace seller or a third party not approved by the manufacturer
- New with tags / box – unworn equipment and still have the original tags attached, or are in the original box
- New without tags – unworn equipment and don’t have the original tags attached, or are not in the original box
- Used – product that has been previously used. The product may have some signs of wear or rust, but is fully operational and functions as intended
- For parts or not working – product that does not function as intended and is not fully operational
When filling in the specifics about your product, you’ll find that some fields are required and some are not, depending on which category you’re selling in.
product specifics may include brand, size, weight or other relevant information about the product you’re selling.
We strongly recommend providing as many of these specifics as you can to ensure that your product gets maximum visibility on both Boleum Marketplace and external sites such as Google Shopping.
Product identifiers are essentially unique codes that can be used to identify a specific product. Most new and manufacturer-refurbished branded products have product identifiers on their packaging.
Selling limits are designed to help you grow your business in a manageable way and to ensure you can give your buyers great service. As you get more comfortable meeting buyer demand, but we are sure our sellers can deliver so any seller can sell products within their capacity.
Returns & Refunds
If a buyer doesn’t receive their item, they’re entitled to a refund unless you can provide tracking information showing that it was delivered.
Once a refund request is opened, you have 3 business days to resolve the issue. After that time, either you or the buyer can ask us to step in to help resolve the issue.
You can choose whether to accept returns if a buyer changes their mind about a purchase. However, if an item arrives damaged, doesn’t match the listing description, or if the buyer receives the wrong item, you’ll generally need to accept the return.
When a buyer has an issue with an order, it doesn’t only risk creating an unhappy customer, it can also create extra work for you. Below are some tips to consider while listing and shipping your product.
If a buyer gets in touch to let you know they’ve had a problem, there are best practices to keep in mind while working with them to resolve their issue.
- Set proper expectations for the buyer: make sure your listing title and product descriptions are accurate, and include plenty of photos, making sure to highlight any flaws.
- Provide as many product specifics as you can so the buyer knows exactly what they’re purchasing.
- Before listing your product make sure you review Boleum Marketplace return & refund policy. If you’re happy to accept returns, you can automatically accept them, issue refunds, and even provide return shipping. This can make the process easier for the buyer and less effort for you.
- When stating your handling time, make sure it’s something you can manage. Failing to ship on time can lead to your product arriving late.
- To help you get paid quickly and avoid unpaid product claims, make sure you and the buyer comes with you terms and also change the quote request to pending payment to get paid quickly .
- Choose a shipping method with insurance and shipment tracking, since you will be the one handling your product shipments.
If you can’t resolve the buyer’s issue, or disagree with their reasons for opening a return, you can ask Boleum Marketplace to help. We’ll review the details and get back to you and the buyer with a resolution within 48 hours.
If asked to step in to help, we may ask the buyer to return the product to you if any of the following apply:
- We can’t determine that the product received by the buyer matches the listing description.
- You are okay with Boleum Marketplace stated return windows.
- You already offered to accept a return.
Fees & Invoice
When you list and sell products on Boleum Marketplace, we charge selling fees. There are two main types of selling fees: an insertion fee when you create a listing, and a final value fee when your item sells.
The amount we charge depends on the seller package with the product sold, product pro(25%), product premium(15%) and product platinum(11%)
Your Boleum Marketplace account balance shows the current balance of any fees from your recent selling activity. It also shows any past due amounts.
If your product doesn’t sell, or if there was an issue with the transaction that you resolved, we do not charge you for any of them until your product is shipped.
Completing a Sale
After you’ve made a sale on Boleum Marketplace, it’s usually a smooth process to complete the transaction with the buyer, but sometimes you might find yourself in a situation where the buyer hasn’t yet paid for the item they bought. If that happens, you should contact the buyer to try to resolve the issue. We’re always here to step in and help if needed.
If you can’t complete a sale with a buyer, if, for example, the item is damaged, you have fewer items in stock than you thought, or the buyer purchased the item using the wrong shipping address you can cancel the transaction and re-order.
When a buyer purchases one of your products on Boleum Marketplace, you get paid when a buyer finally pays for the product of which after coming to terms to pay and you as the seller changes the product ordered from quote request to pending payment then buyer pays using our platform during checkout.
Shipping allows you to define different shipping costs for products, based on customer location, to set this go to store-manager >>settings>>shipping – select shipping by zone in the dropdown
|113||Northern Mariana Islands||MP|
|120||Papua New Guinea||PG|
|135||Sao Tome and Principe||ST|
|155||United Arab Emirates||AE|
|157||United States of America||US|
Reach out to buyers worldwide even as a manufacturer
Boleum marketplace store provides a highly customizable platform with a professional finish. It even has a vacation settings, if you don’t need to sell in some days.
Seller can set closing time for their store in their dashboard
If you no longer want to keep your boleum marketplace store open, we can help you close it.
Working With Buyers
When you’re selling on our marketplace, you might sometimes need to get in touch with a buyer. Depending on whether they’ve already purchased an item from you, or have just submitted a quote request (RFQ)bid on one of your listings, you’ll be able to contact them in slightly different ways.
Seller can add a customer or a lead to their store and they get login details to become a buyer on our marketplace.
If you’re having a problem with a buyer because they’re not following our rules, let us know and we’ll look into it.