Shopping Hotline: (+234) 9060008282
1. Scope and updates of this User Privacy Notice
This User Privacy Notice applies to your use of this website and all Boleum Marketplace applications, services (including payment services), products and tools (collectively the “Services”), regardless of how you access or use these Services, including access via mobile devices and apps.
2. What personal data we collect and process
We collect your personal data when you use our Services, when you create a new Boleum Marketplace account, you as a buyer or seller provide us with information via a web form, add or update information in your Boleum Marketplace account, communicate with us.
In total, we collect the following personal data:
2.1 Personal data you provide when using our Services or creating a Boleum Marketplace account
- Data that identifies you, such as your name, address, telephone numbers, email addresses, provide when setting up your Boleum Marketplace account or at a later date.
- If you use our membership services as a seller, additional identification data (such as social security number/national identification number or date of birth), tax identification numbers (such as VAT identification number) and other information (such as bank account number) that you provide when using our payment services as a seller to withdraw funds.
- Data regarding submitting RFQ, purchases, or sales that you provide in a transaction.
- Content that you share with Boleum Marketplace through our messaging tools
- Financial information (e.g. credit card and account numbers, transaction details, and form of payment).
- Shipping, billing, and other information you provide, as well as information required for customs clearance (such as tax identification numbers or other identification numbers) and relevant shipping information (such as shipment numbers and tracking information) if shipped through us or our seller.
- In some cases: age, gender, country of birth, nationality, employment status, family status, interests and preferences.
- You may provide us with additional information through a web form or by updating or adding information to your Boleum Marketplace account, member chats, inquiries, customer service calls recorded with your consent, or if you contact us for any other reason regarding our Services.
- Other data that we are required or entitled by applicable law to collect and process and that we need for your authentication or identification, or for the verification of the data we collect.
2.2 Personal data we collect automatically when you use our Services or create a Boleum Marketplace account
- Data that is generated as part of one of your transactions (RFQ’s, purchases, sales) or that is linked to your Boleum Marketplace account as a result of a transaction in which you are involved, such as transaction amounts, time and location of transactions and form of payment or payout method.
- Data that is generated through your other actions when you use our Services and which is linked to your Boleum Marketplace account, e.g. when you place items in your shopping cart, place items on the Wishlist.
- Data regarding all other interactions with our Services, your advertising preferences, and your communications with us.
- Location data, including your general location data (e.g., IP address) and the precise location data of your mobile device. Please note that for most mobile devices, you can manage or disable the use of location services for all applications in the settings menu of your mobile device.
- Computer and connection information, such as statistics regarding your use of services from Boleum Marketplace, information on data traffic to and from websites, referral URL, information on advertisements, your IP address, your access times, your browser history data, your language settings and your weblog information.
- Data about the pages you visit, the access time, frequency and duration of visits, the links on which you click and other actions you take as part of your use of our Services and in advertising and email content.
- Data about your activities and interactions with our advertising partners including data about the advertisements you were shown, how often they were shown, when and where they were shown, and whether you took any action, such as clicking on an advertisement or making a purchase.
- Model or device type, operating system and version, browser type and settings, device ID or individual device identifier, advertisement ID, individual device token, and cookie-related data (e.g. cookie ID).
- The IP address from which your device accesses the Services.
- Location data, including your general location data (e.g., IP address) and the precise location data of your mobile device. Please note that most mobile devices allow you to manage or disable the use of location services for all applications in the settings menu.
2.4 Personal data from other sources
- Data from public sources (e.g. demographic data)
- Data from credit agencies or bureaus (e.g. credit reports/checks, identity confirmation, data for risk modeling and setting of credit limits)
- Data from data providers (e.g. “Know Your Customer”/identity verification, demographic, interest-based and online advertising related data)
- With regard to our payment services for sellers: data from government or other sources concerning any previous convictions of the respective seller, to the extent permitted by applicable law
3.5 Social network data you share with us
- We allow you to use social networks (such as Facebook) or other providers of single sign-on services (such as Google ) with whom you already have an account to create a Boleum Marketplace account or to link your Boleum Marketplace account to such single sign-on services. You can determine the personal data that we can access when authorizing the connection with the single sign-on service.
- We allow you to share personal data with social networks (such as Facebook) or to link your Boleum Marketplace account to a social network. These social networks may automatically provide us with access to certain personal data they have stored about you (e.g. content you have viewed or enjoyed, information about the advertisements you have been shown or clicked on, etc.). You can determine the personal data that we can access through the privacy settings of each social network.
- We may also use plug-ins or other technologies from various social networks. If you click on a link displayed through a social network plug-in, you voluntarily connect to that social network.
3.6 Rights as a data subject
Subject to possible restrictions under national law, as a data subject, you have the right to access, rectification, erasure, restriction of processing and data portability with regard to your personal data. In addition, you can withdraw your consent and object to our processing of your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interests. You can also lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Your rights in detail:
- You can withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data by us at any time. As a result, we may no longer process your personal data based on this consent in the future. The withdrawal of consent has no effect on the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- You have the right to obtain access to your personal data that is being processed by us. In particular, you may request information on the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, the categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, the existence of the right to request rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data or to object to such processing, the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, any available information as to the personal data’s source (where they are not collected from you), the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and, where appropriate, meaningful information on its details. Your right to access may be limited by national law.
- You have the right to obtain from us without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, you have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
- You have the right to obtain from us the erasure of personal data concerning you, unless processing is necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims. The right to erasure may be limited by national law.
- You have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing to the extent that
- the accuracy of the data is disputed by you,
- the processing is unlawful, but you oppose the erasure of the personal data,
- we no longer need the data, but you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or
- you have objected to the processing.
- You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller (“right to data portability”).
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence, your place of work or the registered office of the controller.